The project "The West Sailing Trail - a network of tourist ports in West Pomerania" includes the construction of the network infrastructure of ports and marinas surrounded by the Szczecin Lagoon, in Szczecin and on the Baltic coast. Trail`s route is located on the main waterway leading from the capital of Germany - Berlin through the Baltic Sea to Scandinavia.
Source of funding of the project: a grant from the Innovative Economy Operational Programme 2007 - 2013, the action 6.4. "Investments in tourism products of superregional importance". The beneficiary of the project grant is West Pomeranian Regional Tourist Organization. Project Grant Agreement No. POIG.06.04.00-00-015/10 was signed on 01.12.2010
Project Value: 93,225,875.97 pln;
this grant: 35,280,000.00 pln.
In terms of the cost of regional investment aid 40% of eligible expenses
In terms of costs covered by de minimis aid (funding project documentation, promotion and costs associated with the management of the Project) 100%
Unlock time of the Project, including the preparation and evaluation of the proposal: 2009 – 2013.
The aim of the project is:
• Development of a competitive water tourism product in Poland through the construction and modernization of ports and sailing in Western Pomerania,
• Development of the tourism economy of Western Pomerania and economic activation of specific destinations on the Westpomeranian Sailing Trail, creating new jobs related to tourism services.
• Strengthening the role of water tourism and water sports on in north - west and the region of the Polish - German border and therefore building a strong tourist product in Poland, distinguished by an unwavering position and high autonomy in the functioning of the market economy.
• Creating a new tourist offer, the diversification of existing network-based water tourism product and attract to the West Pomerania new group of visitors - tourists sailors, families, children and the disabled, especially the German market.
• Extending the tourist season in Western Pomerania, on the basis of a new, unique integrated water tourism product - natural and cultural.
Within the Project it is planned to modernize the existing base for sailing and extend it with new locations. Will be built marina and tourist ports in Szczecin (Grodzka Island), Wolin, Wapnica (Municipality Swinoujscie), Kamien Pomorski, Dziwnow and Darłów and will be upgraded marinas and the yacht marinas in Szczecin (Marina Pogoń and The Marina AZS) and the Yacht Harbor in Kolobrzeg. These ports form the most important centers of yacht harbors and a network of West Pomerania connected with the West Pomeranian Sailing Trail. The distance between do not exceed a few hours of sailing. This enables secure, tourist sailing not only for experienced sailors, but also for less experienced sailing enthusiasts, even with their families.
Therefore, this initiative is worth of notice and important for the region - in fact it will contribute to the promotion and have a positive impact on building its brands: the center of the development of water tourism.
EU funding from the European Regional Development Fund, received as part of the Innovative Economy Operational Programmeme, will help to create not only an attractive cross-regional tourism product, a high-class and internationally. This project, because of its cross-border nature / Poland-Germany-Denmark-Sweden /, is unique on a national scale and has a great chance to become the flagship attraction of our country.